Ask any Signworld owner and they will tell you they are not a “signmaker”. A Signworld owner hires signmakers.
They joined Signworld because it is a professional, B2B business with reasonable hours, low investment and minimal staffing requirements. Signworld is one of the fastest growing organizations in a multi billion-dollar industry. Companies of every type and every size use signs, and the vast majority of those are disposable. 99% of all signs are indoors, not outdoors. The average life of a sign is less than 30 days. Retailers change their signs every month.
Signworld serves 100% of the sign industry requirements – anything from paper signs to vehicle wraps to large outdoor signs. It is a business that thrives on repeat customers and the ability to grow accounts within large corporate clients or retail chains. Signworlds are commercial sign companies which service customers such as: Subway, Great Clips, Ford Motor, Hewlett-Packard, and Coca-Cola, all who need large quantities of signs every month.
Many Signworld owners begin their operation in 1200-1500 square feet of either an industrial or strip center, and migrate to an expanded office park or light industrial location after just a few years. Ultimately, 90% of revenue is generated by a small number of large corporate and commercial clients – usually around 10 to 30 customers.
Signworld is not a franchise – thus there are No Royalties and No Rules usually associated with such business models. While Signworld owners run their business the way they want to, they benefit from one of the most comprehensive programs of training and ongoing support in the industry. Beyond initial training, each owner has a Signworld business coach who provides weekly guidance and assistance over a 2-year period. Signworld owners also enjoy ongoing peer-to-peer support through communication with their fellow Signworld owners to share ideas on sales, marketing, production and other aspects of the business.
A few recent examples of Signworld owner’s performance:
- In 2007, Larry Foster, Troy, Mi. moved from his original 1600 sq ft location to a 4200 sq ft location and then in 2010 bought his own 9,000 sq ft. building and now pays less on his mortgage than he did paying rent!
- Kevin Hull, Austin, TX just completed the rebranding of the Austin campus of E Bay’s corporate headquarters
- Sept 2013, Jim Braun, Kernersville, NC, just wrapped a 1000 ft long plywood wall with a picture of the brick wall being built behind it at the Duke University campus.
- It was an $80,000 internet lead!
- Oct 2013, Milt Milam, Nashville, TN completed a $80,000 wrap project on a number of tractor trailers even before his doors were officially open!
- Oct 2013, Scott Proctor, Hillsborough, OR, just completed a $75,000 project for the Intel Corporation
A Turnkey, Complete Business Awaits You…
Your Sign Business Investment of $195,000 includes absolutely everything you’ll need to open the doors of your new business.
SIGNworld Package - $150,000
- Sign making equipment and software
- Pricing and Point of Sale cloud-based software
- Training – 4+ weeks of technical, operational, marketing, sales, website/internet presence, pricing, financial, human resources and on-site
- Ongoing weekly webinars covering Sales/Marketing, Website/Internet Presence, Pricing, Technical and Suppliers for both you and your employees
- Protected territory of up to 3000 businesses
- Site selection and lease negotiation
- Design, layout and decoration consulting
- Ongoing support
- Annual Conventions with 3 days of upgrade training
- Signworld fee
Startup Expenses - $20,000
- Outdoor Sign
- Security Deposit
- Insurance Premiums
- Utility Hookups
- Miscellaneous Tools and Supplies
- Travel for Training
- Cash Reserve - $25,000
Support Whenever You Need It
We’ll support you whenever you need our guidance. SIGNworld's professional site selector will assist you in locating an optimal site. Traffic patterns, landmark location, parking and tenant mix are but a few of the factors our expert will evaluate when working with you. We give you a protected territory consisting of approximately 3,000 businesses. This territory is yours exclusively, and we will not sell or set up another sign company within this area. However, you are free to sell your signs anywhere.
After reviewing several acceptable sites with you, our specialist will handle the lease negotiation of your final selection.
Next, we'll help you choose proven facility designs, space layouts, production flow systems and furniture settings. You decide on your own business name and logo. The final touches will also be yours, to decorate as you please. You are, after all, the Owner, but with the added benefit of SIGNworld's more than 18 years of experience to guide you along the way.
More training than you will ever attend
- Technical Training – 5 days on sign-making hardware and software
- Operations Training – 3 days on sales/marketing, website/internet presence, human resources, finance, legal, products, materials, suppliers and overall daily operations
- Sign-making and Installation Training – 1 day on sign-making and finishing as well as how to install signs and manage subcontracted installers
- Supplier Training – 1 day visiting 7 suppliers
- Point-of-Sale Training – Weekly small group webinars plus one-on-one time and video tutorial library access
- On-The-Job Training – Up to 7 days at other Signworld locations
- On-site Training – 3 days – Your equipment will be set up for you and you and your staff will be given advanced training
Start into business with the best support team in the industry.
- Supply Discounts
- Online Technical Support
- Next Day On-Site Service
- Owners Web-Site
- Annual Convention
- Sales and Marketing Coaching
- Website and Internet Marketing Coaching
Hear From Our Owners
"Signworld offered me and every other Signworld owner the opportunity to grow our business globally and that’s exactly what I have done. Signs that I have made have been shipped and used all over the world. Because I have a worldwide presence, I have been able to build my revenues far beyond industry averages and I make a very healthy income!" - Craig Van Velzer
"This is a product that touches every business. We’ve formed some great relationships with large customers that give us a lot of repeat business allowing us to spend less time in prospecting new customers and more time focusing on making great signage." - Scott Proctor
"The Signworld owners network is like a family. We help and support each other but more importantly, we have become friends and that is rare in a traditional franchise opportunity." - John Bogensberger
"Yes, I love the great income I make. But, what I enjoy most is that I had the freedom to leave every day at 3pm to coach the high school football team." - Greg Kyler
"The annual conference put on by Signworld gets better and better each year. We love that we get free upgrade training and are able to learn more about this growing industry with the other 300 owners in the network." - Rick & Dana Eiland