Skedaddle has been humanely removing and excluding raccoons, squirrels, skunks, birds, bats and mice from homes and businesses since 1989. The company’s unique, animal-friendly approach and unprecedented lifetime guarantee on future home invasions, workmanship, and materials have propelled the business from a single service vehicle to 29 franchise units across Canada. By offering the value-adds of seal-off and damage repair services, Skedaddle franchisees continue to generate high-ticket revenue where most pest control companies leave off.
Skedaddle is a cornerstone brand of That Franchise Group, an established empire with over 400 franchise operators and annual system-wide sales exceeding $100 million.
- Home-based—no storefront capital expenditure
- Flexible work week
- Big jobs with large profit margins
- Low startup cost
- Initial training followed by ongoing support from the Home Office
- Centralized call center and scheduling
- Minimal supplies and equipment needed for startup
- Established marketing and back office functions already in place
- Quick time to profit
- Environment and animal friendly
- Cash business
The Wall Street Journal reports that hundreds of millions of dollars are spent annually on nuisance wildlife control, yet many of these businesses exterminate the animals. As environmental concerns and animal rights continue to be a hot topic in the public eye, these inhumane methods are becoming unacceptable. The need for wildlife remediation will increase as humans continue to build in their natural habitats, and wildlife control is a recession-proof business. When the economy gets tough, homeowners may spend less on vacations and luxury items—yet they protect their main investments, their homes. The opportunity for high profits and growth is already there. It is just waiting for you to grab it.
- The economic damage in the U.S. from all forms of wildlife is conservatively estimated to be about $22 billion.1
- Raccoon populations in some cities are roughly 150 per square kilometer.2
- Rats can potentially produce 15,000 offspring a year.3
- With an average of six to eight babies per litter, a family of six mice can multiply into 60 over the course of three months.4
- Squirrels are so destructive that they are considered the #1 threat to the U.S. electrical grid.5
Training and Support
Skedaddle’s training and support programs are the best in the industry and therefore experience is not required. Skedaddle will guide you through all phases of the process of opening and operating your own franchise. That Franchise Group includes six home services brands, and as home services franchise experts they strongly believe the success of the brand hinges on the success of individual franchise owners. Skedaddle is 100% dedicated to supporting new business owners with extensive training and ongoing assistance. At no point will you feel like you are in this alone. You will have the Skedaddle network behind you.
- Home Office support
- Preliminary training in beautiful Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Franchisor networking with SPCA contacts in your region
- Marketing collateral and strong area-specific SEO
- Ongoing support and training as needed
- Manuals and videos for reference
Skedaddle franchisees also have access to customized proprietary software and business process systems designed to streamline and simplify all aspects of running your business including:
- Customer database
- 7-day a week call center with scheduling
- Work order management
- GPS for employee safety and monitoring
- Fleet management
Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control offers a franchise opportunity in your area for an affordable buy-in rate. With an established operating model, successful track record and respected name, your chances for longevity, profit and overall success are high.
Find out more today about this opportunity to buy into a business you can feel good about.
1National Wildlife Management Professional Association
2CBC "The Nature of Things with David Suzuki"
5John C. Inglis, Former Deputy Director, National Security Agency