Since franchising began in 2014, Vitality Bowls has seen significant growth with more than 40 cafés open and in development. Today, Vitality Bowls is redefining the fast casual healthy food restaurant sector every day at each of its locations across the country.
Roy and Tara Gilad, a pair of successful business owners, founded Vitality Bowls in 2011 in San Ramon, California. The couple started the superfood café concept together after learning their daughter had severe food allergies and searched for healthy, safe food alternatives.
What is a Vitality Bowl
A Vitality Bowl is a variety of bowls using with the super fruit Açaí (ah-sigh-ee) as a base. The açaí berry is an antioxidant-rich organic fruit from the Amazon. Bowls are topped with organic granola (gluten free available), and a selection of seasonally organic superfood ingredients.
How Vitality Bowls Supports Franchise Owners
Benefits of Owning a Vitality Bowls
#1 Açaí Bowls in the USA - Vitality Bowls products are the best. Our bowls contain up to three times more antioxidant-packed acai berry, pitaya, acerola or graviola than other restaurants. We use only the freshest, highest quality superfoods. No ingredient fillers such as ice, frozen yogurt, added sugar or artificial preservatives are ever used,
Affordable food concept - The franchise food industry is typically a recession-proof, high revenue place to operate a business. The problem is that it is typically a high investment model. Many food franchises require franchise owners to invest up to $1 million to get open. At Vitality Bowls, we have spent years figuring out how to efficiently open one of our cafés. Our investment level is between $180,000 and $300,000.
Making a difference - Sure, making a great living and scaling into multiple locations is a great driving force behind starting a Vitality Bowls. But we believe that in order to be successful, you also need to be passionate about helping make your community healthier. Our franchise owners feel great that their business is making other people feel great!
Full service marketing agency - Vitality Bowls provides cafe owners with a host of social media, marketing and public relations tools to promote their location including: social media calendar complete with content and graphics, direct mail campaigns with coupons and graphics, media coverage of the grand opening across all media outlets and assistance building business partnerships throughout your community.
Our role is to help you get your business up and running quickly, and then continue to support you to ensure you’re always reaching new levels of success. Here are the areas you'll receive support as a new Vitality Bowls franchisee:
- Real Estate - Demographics, site selection and lease negotiation
- Construction - Pre-approved vendors to help design and construct yoru cafe so that it is affordable and on time
- Accounting - Training on how to understand managing your P & L’s, cost of goods, labor and more
- Training - You will be provided a 14-day initial training which takes place at Vitality Bowls headquarters in Walnut Creek, CA. A franchise team member will travel to your location during your opening to ensure that everything goes smoothly
- Ongoing Field Support - Periodic site visits to ensure your store is consistently running efficiently
- Monthly Meetings - You'll have consistent access to the founders and their experience where you can learn about recent company innovations and hear what’s working well with other franchise owners
- Advertising - Assistance and training to ensure that your local Vitality Bowls is known to your communities, from public relations, to social media and direct mail
These are the qualities of successful Vitality Bowls franchise owners and what the franchise team looks for in future franchisees:
- Health conscious
- Customer friendly
Vitality Bowls wants to partner with those who have management experience which includes performance management, hiring and developing/inspiring teams. Owners typically spend the first 3-6 months in their stores, learning the ins and outs of the business.
Vitality Bowls is committed to giving back to our local communities in a number of ways by:
- Regularly donating to local Food Banks
- Partnering with a number of schools, donating gift cards and a portion of profits to various fundraisers
- Supporting local children’s sports teams by providing smoothies for the kids to refuel their bodies
- Reducing waste and supporting sustainable practices by recycling and composting when available in each of our stores
Own an awesome Superfood Café! Inquire today.