Own a Clothes Mentor, an Upscale Resale Store
Not only do Clothes Mentor stores offer attractive incentives like cash on the spot for sellers and up to 70% off designer clothing for buyers, but some stores even provide a free personal shopper and host private events for customers such as a Girls Night Out.
Join with The Clothes Mentor team and you'll be signing on with a management team which has more than 80 years of franchise and retail industry experience in the resale niche. This experience will help you to maximize your investment and reach your business goals fast.
Read on to learn about the benefits of owning a Clothes Mentor:
- Point-of-Sale Software features a sophisticated buy matrix, which helps buyers make offers that are consistent and fit the margins of Clothes Mentor’s successful business model.
- Resale business minimizes regular retail hassles because there is no inventory to keep, such as vendor issues, delivery charges, late shipments etc.
- Advertising and marketing materials provided to you:
- Electronic media
- Hulu and others. Clothes Mentor has a recommended media buyer that will help to get you up and running as well as plan long-term goals
- Print media
- Social media
- Setting up your social media accounts
- Providing content
- Ongoing updates
- Digital media - a comprehensive, mobile-responsive website that presents customers with easily accessible information about the brand as well as individual stores.
- Local store marketing
- Attractive for both buyers and sellers where buyers receive cash on the spot and sellers receive up to 70% on purchases
- The strength of a nationally-recognized franchise behind you
- Own an earth-friendly, recycle-centric business
- Scalable business model - easy to grow and run multiple stores
- High gross profit margin
- Flexibility of ownership - can hire store manager and serve as a semi-absentee owner.
- Experienced team - leaders in the resale industry continue to guide and grow the Clothes Mentor franchise
- Loyalty and reward programs - At Club CM, customers can see every receipt from purchases on their phone and earn points for future purchases through the free Clothes Mentor app.
- Community involvement
- Network of fellow franchisees to support you and give you fresh ideas providing you with a pool of resources.
- Financing Provided - Clothes Mentor has a Small Business Administration (SBA) preferred status lender who can help you with prequalification before you commit to opening your store. This lender knows the brand, business plan and how to process loans quickly and efficiently.
The Clothes Mentor has been recognized as a top Franchise by Entrepreneur Magazine and has made the Franchise 500 list eight years in a row. The recognition is based on several factors including franchise stability, growth rate and size.
In addition, Clothes Mentor played a significant role in its parent company, NTY Franchise, earning a spot in the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s Fast 50 in 2014, 2015 and 2016.
In the past 10 years, Clothes Mentor has...
Paid over $180 million to local women
Recycled over 42 million units of clothing
Sold 28.1 million units of apparel
Created almost 6,000 local jobs
Clothes Mentor conducts three separate, comprehensive training programs which provide new owners with both pre-opening and post-opening classes and hands-on experience.
1. Business Training
2. Operations Training
3. Store Training
During the training sessions you'll learn about:
- Business planning
- Financial management
- Real-estate selection
- Store operations
- Inventory management
- POS system training
- Customer Service
- Products and trends
You' also receive a full week of in-store training. In addition, you'll be assigned a regional operational manager to assist you as your personal consultant.
NTY Franchise company has adopted a standardized real estate process that has a clearly defined all-in-one strategy for site selection, lease negotiation and legal review.
You will be introduced to vendors which can give you the best pricing and service on everything needed for store build out such as fixtures, equipment, interior/exterior signage, point-of-sale system and more.
Return on Investment
With Clothes Mentor’s proven resale business model, franchisees see a swift return on investment.
Net Profit for top store = $376,000
Average Net Profit for top performing stores* = $295,000
Average Store Sales for top performers** = $992,500
Want to sell lightly used women's clothing, shoes and accessories as a Clothes Mentor franchise owner? Learn more today and start by completing the inquiry form.
*$295,000 is the average net profit of the 8 stores in the top 10% of the 80 franchised Clothes Mentor stores in operation for the entire calendar year ended December 31, 2016 that reported net profit data to Clothes Mentor.
**$992,500 is the average net sales of the 33 stores included in the top 25% of all 132 Clothes Mentor stores in operation for the entire calendar year ended December 31, 2016. Of the 33 stores included, 13 stores (39%) met or exceeded net sales.
There is no assurance however you will do as well. Please see Item 19 of the Clothes Mentor Franchise Disclosure Document dated April 20, 2017 for more information.