Mainely Ticks Franchise Development offers franchisees the opportunity to protect people, pets and properties from ticks and tick-borne diseases with a personal, professional and effective tick management program centered around education and awareness. “Our job is not to simply treat to protect one’s property” states Bob Maurais, President of Mainely Ticks Franchise Development, “our job is to teach to better protect one’s community.”
Answer the Call of a Great Need
Mainely Ticks’ affiliate is currently servicing York and Cumberland counties in Maine, just two of 1,531 counties in the United States with an established deer tick population. The number of U.S. counties now considered to be of high-incidence for Lyme disease has increased by more than 300% in the northeastern states and by approximately 250% in the north-central states.
Why Get into the Tick Control Business?
- The number of Lyme cases reported annually in the U.S. has increased nearly 25x since national surveillance began in 1982.
- 95% of vector-borne diseases reported (within U.S. boundaries, excludes territories) in 2016 were tick-related
- The CDC confirmed that the total number of cases likely yields over 300,000 probable cases each year – you probably know someone with a tick-borne illness.
- 75% of all confirmed Lyme disease cases are contracted within 100 feet of the home
- Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (RMSF), Anaplasmosis, Ehrlichiosis, Babesiosis and other disease agents are either established or emerging in many parts of the United States.
- While mosquitoes continue to be a concern, they account for merely 5% of vector-borne diseases.
Look at Mainely Ticks' Affiliate Numbers.
- 1,135 customers contracted for 3,683 applications
- The average customer (over 90% recurring year-to-year) contracted for 3.2 applications per year, with an average cost/treatment of $189
- Average 18% increase in revenue in the last three years (2015-2017)
- 2017 advertising budget was $7,400.00. World class educational materials and current customers are our best advocates!
Mainely Ticks offers franchise discounts to:
- Current or retired teachers with at least 5 years teaching experience
- Honorably discharged Veterans of the US Armed Forces
- Current landscape/lawn care service providers w/min $50,000 revenue last fiscal year
- Similar tick and/or mosquito businesses w/min $50,000 revenue last fiscal year
"Our consult was really educational, we learned a lot and all our questions were answered. The service provided last summer was great." - Elizabeth J., Wells
"My initial inquiry was answered quickly, I was scheduled quickly, got rid of my tick problem. Happy customer." - Skye L., Wells
"Thank you for the very professional handling of our property." - Sherwood M., Cumberland
"Mainely Ticks is extremely dependable, honest and always provides the highest quality service. Jim and I cannot find enough positive adjectives to describe our experience with them." - Francine K., Kennebunk
"The company of Mainely Ticks has protected my property in Maine for many years - with what I think of as "caring, professionals" concerned for others." - Sandra B., Kittery Point
"This was the first year spraying for ticks, and we were very pleased with the results. We will continue to use you in the future and recommend you to our family, friends and neighbors." - Tara F., Biddeford
*These figures are taken from Mainely Ticks’ FDD Item 19 issued September 1, 2018. The figures are based on the performance of our affiliate, which has been in operation for 14 years. There is no assurance you will do as well. See our FDD for important assumptions and qualifiers relating to these figures.
NOTE: This is not a franchise offering. A franchise offering can be made by us in a state where we are first registered, excluded, exempted, or otherwise qualified to offer franchises in that state, and only if we provide you with a Franchise Disclosure Document. Individualized responses or communications to you that involve either effecting or attempting to effect the sale of a franchise will be made only if we are first in compliance with state registration requirements, or are covered by an applicable state exclusion or exemption.