Once started as a Muffler shop, Tuffy has expanded into a full auto repair center which provides service on: brakes, shocks, struts, springs, alignment, front-end, oil change, mufflers, tires, air conditioning, batteries, starting and charging, flush and fill and C.V. joints.
Benefits of Owning a Tuffy
Helping our franchisees to operate successfully and meet the challenges of today’s marketplace is the top priority for the Tuffy® Tire & Auto Service Centers. We provide our franchisees with a proven operating system, and as a result, our franchisees have played a key role in the success of Tuffy.
Our value proposition includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- Successful experience with over 45 years in business
- Comprehensive training including state of the art management, sales and technical training
- Promotional campaigns including comprehensive marketing & advertising programs
- Industry network of national vendor partnerships
- Continued support on both a national and local level
- Powerful brand proposition
- Strong business model that is easy to follow
- On-going research and development
We are dedicated to the success of your Tuffy franchise and are committed to providing you with world-class support and service based on mutual respect and trust. When you join the Tuffy family, you’ll be part of a group of experienced professionals who have extensive marketing, development, operations, and training experience in the after-market auto industry.
The Tuffy team provides all-inclusive support and hands-on training to help our franchisees maximize our proven business model.
- Pre-Opening Development
- Streamlined development process, easy-to-use tools and an experienced support team dedicated to Tuffy
- Site selection, evaluation and analysis by the Tuffy real estate team
- Access to, equipment suppliers and other vendors trained and experienced in Tuffy franchise development
- Marketing department – initial advertising and marketing campaigns
- Regular visits from Tuffy’s district managers.
- As a Tuffy Franchisee you’ll have important communication resources available to you. Access to Tuffy representatives for advice during regularly scheduled in-shop meetings and via telephone.
- A convenient toll-free technical hotline is also available for day-to-day problem solving.
- Access to in-shop and market-wide training sessions, timely product information bulletins, a bi-monthly newsletter, and the annual dealer convention.
- Business review analysis of store sales and performance vs. system-wide benchmarks.
- Access to operating system manuals.
- Franchise Advisory Council membership to enhance communications and exchange ideas between Tuffy and Tuffy franchisees.
- During your initial training at the Tuffy Training Center, you will learn how to operate a successful and profitable Tuffy® Tire & Auto Service Center. The new dealer training program held in Toledo, Ohio is a 2 to 3-week course and is conducted as often as necessary to train the new franchisees. On-the-job training can be conducted in operating centers, including operations, and daily management.
- Comprehensive training materials: shop administration, employee recruitment, vehicle inspection, sales techniques, inventory control, fiscal management, and most importantly customer service.
- Tuffy University is our web based 24/7 training program. Included in Tuffy University is more than 210 courses designed to enhance the skills of technicians, service advisors, managers and owners. You will have the ability to track training for all employees, design a training path by job type and print certificates of completion by course completed
Advertising and Marketing
- Innovative marketing plans, programs and promotions
- High quality merchandising, point of purchase and advertising materials
- Seasonal marketing campaigns
- Online access to local store marketing ideas and materials
- Scheduled visits from Tuffy corporate to assist in local store marketing efforts
- In house, creative agency that provides Tuffy franchisees with customizable advertising and branding materials
- Fully optimized (SEO) website
No Auto Experience Required
Tuffy is looking for customer focused, ethical business owners. Our franchisees come from many different walks of life. A background in Auto Repair is not needed to run a successful Tuffy® Tire & Auto Service Center, but can be helpful.
Inquire today if you'd like to learn more about becoming part of the largest full-service automotive repair franchises in the country.