- This is the 397th Thanksgiving - Celebrating it began in 1621.
- However, President Abraham Lincoln declared the last Thursday of November Thanksgiving, and it became a national holiday in 1863.
- 53 colonists and 90 Wampanoag (Native Americans) attended the first feast.
- 45 million turkeys will be consumed, and 80 percent of Americans will eat turkey this year.
- There are four places in the United States named after the holiday's traditional main course:
- Turkey Creek, LA
- Turkey, TX
- Turkey, NC
- Turkey Creek, AZ
- The average weight of a turkey is 17 pounds. Males tend to weigh more than females and can weigh up to 25 pounds. The biggest turkey ever weighed was 86 pounds!
November 21, 2018
ou going out for thanksgiving? According to a National Restaurant Association Survey more than 32 million Americans are going to spend Thanksgiving at restaurants this year! Whether you are eating in or dining out, this holiday is one of the most celebrated holidays, and to honor it, here are some statistics and a little bit o’ history:
About the Author - Kerry CroccoMarketing Coordinator for Franchise Solutions and Franchise.com; conduct email marketing campaigns, web page management and trade show coordination. Mother of two, wife and Young Living Essential Oils representative.
Categorized Under: Be Your Own Boss